GET TO KNOW THE TEAM
AENEAM founder & CEO Dr. Jonas Gurauskis
will supervise ESR2 and ESR10 during each 18 months of their secondments. He is a former senior researcher at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and current ARAID senior researcher at ICMA (Aragón Materials Science Institute, Zaragoza, Spain). Dr. Gurauskis has >17 years of experience in processing of solid oxide (advanced ceramic) structures for energy conversion, catalysis and phase separation technologies. He is highly experienced in solid oxide conformation routes and surface chemistry modification technologies to achieve highly selective microstructures with application-tuned properties. He furthermore has a proven track record of supervision of 12 students (MSc. and PhD levels).
Key Research Facilities, Infrastructure and Equipment
The company has a fully equipped laboratory for wet chemistry (solid oxide powder conditioning, precursor phase deposition, milling, etc.), green state conformation (robocasting, inkjet lithography, spray/dip coating, freeze casting), sintering (low and high temperature furnaces) and basic characterization (optical microscopy). For more advanced characterization, such as SEM, EDS, X-ray, X-ray tomography, etc., equipment and installations will be provided by research institutions working in close collaboration with ÆNEAM S.L. (ICMA-CSIC, ICV-CSIC, CNH2, DTU, UZ).
Hosting Company: AENEAM Advanced Membrane Technologies S.L.
AENEAM S.L. was initially founded in 2016 as a spin-off of the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and was transferred to Spain in 2017.
Company specializes in processing of advanced technical ceramics, their functionalization and testing on demand. Specific fields of expertise are, but not limited to:
- High temperature solid oxide fuel cells/electrolysers.
- Hierarchical porosity solid oxide structures.
- Cross-flow biological reactors.
- Self-sustaining enzymatic/microbial fuel cells for bioremediation and biotransformation processes.
ÆNEAM S.L. has extended contractual research with numerous research institutions.
- J. Gurauskis, C.R. Graves, R. Moreno, M.I. Nieto. Self-supported ceramics substrates with directional porosity by mold freeze casting. Journal of European Ceramic Society. 2017, 37 – 2, 697-703.
- V. Gil, J. Gurauskis, L. Deleebeeck, E. Stamate, K.K. Hansen. Cathode-supported hybrid direct carbon fuel cells. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2017, 42, 4311-4319.